I thought I would drop you a line with an update on the work of our “adopted” station at Hunstanton. They had their AGM last week and here are some facts and figures on their work last year (2012) that may interest you all.
- They had 38 call-outs in 2012. An equal split of 19 each between both the Hunstanton Flyer and the Spirit of West Norfolk.
- 10 services were in darkness and 1 in wind force 7.
- 16 were to vessels of some description with 1 of these being a medevac from a fishing vessel.
- 22 to persons cut off by the tide or in the water or missing persons.
- 10 people were rescued by the Spirit and 9 by the Flyer.
- Hunstanton crews spent 175.05 hrs at sea on service, and 110.96 hrs at sea on exercise. Total hours at sea 286.01 hrs.
I am sure you’ll agree another great year for the crew and support people over at Hunstanton and wish them well for a safe year.
Vice-Chairman – RNLI Milton Keynes Fundraising Branch